Once Marlow Rosado & The Tucán Band took the stage, Smith joined in on the dance floor before getting the crowd going as he jumped on stage and started freestyling to Latin beats alongside Grammy Award-winning producer/performer Rosado, who leads the venue’s 11-piece band. Once the show ended, Smith went backstage, where he offered to take pictures with every cast member.
Throwback spot takes dinner and a show to another level
1) The house band is Grammy award-winning ensemble — The 11-piece big Latin house band, who preform roughly 45-minute long shows each night, is led by Grammy award-winning composer and producer Marlow Rosado.
2) But the band isn’t the only one with some talent — Even the waiters had to “audition” for the part and have talents that range in everything from singing to dancing.
3) The details are taken seriously — Staying true to the 1940s feel the space features walls have handpainted art work, imported Murano glass chandeliers, crushed velvet accents and tropical foliage throughout.
4) You better dress sharp — No flip flops and cutoffs at this bar. Dress to impress, or they will turn you down at the door.
5) A table isn’t needed to have a good time — If you want to do the dinner and dancing bit, it’s advised to make a reservation. Otherwise, you can still have a drink at the bar and still take in the show.
Consolidado como el centro fiestero de la ciudad, Brickell es donde “El Tucán” abrió sus puertas este viernes para captar a un público ávido de revivir el ambiente del cabaret cubano de los años 40, donde la gente iba a bailar, a cenar y a ver un show.
Para Menocal hacer realidad El Tucán, con la ayuda del talento creativo que reunió para esta tarea, tomó un año y medio. Entre ellos está el compositor y productor ganador de Grammys, Marlow Rosado, con quien trabajó para hacer la curaduría musical del local.
While the musical direction at the Brickell hot spot mirrors that of the legendary Cuban nightclub, the entertainment is centered on El Tucán’s 11-piece big Latin house band led by Grammy award-winning composer and producer, Marlow Rosado.